Saturday, February 13, 2010

Little Blessings

As I go throughout my life, I've always had the ability to see little blessings- small things throughout the day that make me stop and think, "Wow- thank you for that". As I sit here on my couch with my little family on a Saturday morning, watching HGTV and smiling inside and out, I'm struck with the urge to share with you some of the things in my world that make me thankful.

Quiet times with my daughter lying on my lap, with her head resting on my chest.

Going into my daughter's room in the morning to see her peeking out from under her covers, smiling at me.

My husband coming home every night to be with us, because he can't think of anything he'd be more happy to do.

The sun rising over the mountains as I drive to work in the morning, peaking out to tell me good morning.

The perfect song coming on the radio when I'm needing a little inspiration, or laugh, or levity.

Friends who like to go out to dinner.

Tuesday dinner and drinks with my best friend.

Pictures of my Dad hanging in my daughter's room, so she'll know that her grandfather is her guardian angel watching over her.

Ducky feet baby pajamas.

The ability to leave work on time most of the time, so I can get home to my family.

FIF's.

Kitty hugs and the warmth that you feel when they are curled up at your feet.

The car that pulls out in front of you, going slow, making YOU slow down, just 2 blocks before you pass a cop.

Waking up to the sound of birds singing, signaling spring.

A slight breeze just when you're thinking it's pretty darn hot outside.

Patio furniture on a beautiful Pennsylvania summer morning.

Small things pop up in your life all the time- but they just slip away from your attention if you aren't in tune to them. I think the blessings that are sent my way deserve a quiet "Thank You", and always look up to say one. See what you can find throughout your day- smile, be grateful, and always feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment