Monday, March 1, 2010

Recipe Hijacker- Chicken & Corn Soup

So, this can't reeeeeaaally be considered a hijacking, since I didn't see the recipe anywhere. Instead, I had this wonderful soup a couple weeks ago and just HAD to make it myself. I amended it slightly with things I thought I would like (and hubs would eat), and it turned out great!

Chicken & Corn Soup

Ingredients:
1/2 onion, diced
48 oz. box of Chicken Broth
4 cups of water
2 cans of whole kernel corn
1 roasted chicken, deboned and hand-shredded
1 bag of wide egg noodles
1 bag of baby spinach, rinsed and drained (you can cut up if you like)
salt
pepper
minced garlic to taste

Put about 2 tbls of butter in a large deep pan and melt. Sautee diced onions and garlic (you could use the trio here if you wanted, and if, you know, your family will actually eat them). Once onions (or trio) are translucent, put in chicken, broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer covered on low heat for about 30 minutes.

Add 4 cups of water. Add egg noodles- I like the wide ones, but use whatever width you like. Turn heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until noodles are soft. Once they are, add entire bag of baby spinach. Simmer covered on low for another 5-10 minutes. Dish out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment