Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Belly Laughs




It’s really amazing the things that make everything right in my world, now that I’m a wife and mom. Things that I never even dreamed would be as good as they are.

Belly laughs from my little girl are big ones. Sometimes she just starts laughing at nothing at all, and laughs and laughs until you’d think she would get a cramp in her side. Other times it starts because we make Tigger kiss her nose, or Sophie the Giraffe walk up her chubby little leg. When she starts, my husband and I can’t help but join in, even come from another room just to participate and take in the lovely sight and sound of our little girl enjoying life so much she has to verbalize it. My mother lives quite far away, and doesn’t get to see her granddaughter much. So when I’m on the phone with her, I always hold the phone up to CC and my Mom talks to her. As babies do, of course, she could be yelling and laughing up a storm until that phone gets near her ear, then she goes completely silent. That is, until I tickle her! Hey, what can I say… I’ll resort to underhanded means for that beautiful sound!

There are other things in my life that could be deemed “honorary belly laughs”, things that I love with every fiber of my being. Like when CC reaches out for me to pick her up. When my husband comes home from a day at work, and wants to kiss me before he does anything else. When I cook a dinner that actually invokes a, “wow- this is great” response.

But not much beats the true, real-to-life, soul-filling belly laugh of my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment